A person can suffer because their physical and/or psychological needs are being neglected by a carer. This could include failure to keep someone warm, clean and well nourished or neglecting to give prescribed medication.
The following list may be indications of many different problems, it is important not to jump to the wrong conclusion too quickly.
- Poor environmental conditions
- Inadequate heating and lighting
- Poor physical condition of the vulnerable adult
- Persons clothing is ill fitting, unclean and in poor condition
- Failure to give prescribed medication properly
- Failure to provide appropriate privacy and dignity
- Inconsistent or reluctant contact with health and social care agencies
- Isolation - denying access to callers or visitors